Kings Mountain Dutch Oven Gathering, SC 4-28-2012

This is the place to post information about upcoming Dutch Oven Gatherings and special events in your area.

Kings Mountain Dutch Oven Gathering, SC 4-28-2012

Postby campmaster » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 am

Hello Everyone,

We are the new International Dutch Oven Society chapter located in Charlotte, NC

We will be having our first Southeast Camper Dutch Oven Group Gathering at Kings Mountain State Park, SC on 4-28-2012 We have rented a shelter for our dutch oven gathering. The shelter has a fire place along with restrooms and parking. Rain or Shine.

For More Info

We look forwrd to hearing from you. :D

Thx,
Dan
campmaster

Re: Kings Mountain Dutch Oven Gathering, SC 4-28-2012

Postby chili1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello Dan , We are planning to attend , can't wait to see everybody . We will be camping on site # 71. See you soon. Randy and Linda
chili1

Postby campmaster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 am

Hi Randy

That's great news. Outlaw posted at Camp-Cook.com that he's planning on coming.

So far, rough count is eight. Still hoping to hear from everyone else.

I'm ready to go, See you soon.

Dan
campmaster

Postby nonniemonroe1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 am

welcome spring time..come on...hi everyone this is diane and jimmy from cane creek,waxhaw nc..if the GOOD LORD will let us we are going to be at kings mt. this year...im stilll trying to learn to cook in these pots im going have to pratice up before i get there ,,yall all pro's...... love all the fellowship of getting out and smelling the camp fires... i cant walk as far as i use to to but i can get there..... keep us posted on any changes..
*******katherine....i have the stopper to the sink that we gave you ...i have held on tight to it so i would not lose it..see u in april... :lol:
nonniemonroe1

Postby nonniemonroe1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 am

dan do you know the shelter site number? i was going to try to rent a camping site as close as possible...let me know campmaster''...
nonniemonroe1

Postby campmaster » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi, Diane

Nice to hear from you.

We will be at Shelter #1. Its the shelter right next to the parking lot by the loop turn around. We can unload right in front of the shelter. Maybe a 50 to 60 foot walk, it doesn't get much easier than that. I'll have signs, so you can find us.

Maybe we can discuss getting together at Cane Creek this summer. If you could do a little research on shelters and cost, etc would be great.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. So far the count is up to twelve. Yee Haw!

Dan
campmaster

Postby nonniemonroe1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:28 pm

HEY DAN , WE ARE BRINGING ALONG SOME NEW PEOPLE IM TRYING TO GET INTO THE ''POT'' COOKING...THEY WILL BE OUR NEWBIES....LOL.. WE ARE ON SITE 115 AND OUR FRIENDS ON 114, LOOP 4, I THINK WE WILL BE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE SHELTER..YOU CAN COUNT ON US TO BRING ALONG SOME EXTRA WOOD..WE ALSO LOVE A CAMPFIRE....... CANT WAIT, SEE YALL THEN... :)
nonniemonroe1

Postby clovercampers » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey ya'll....Jeff and LaDonna from Clover, SC are planning on attending...This will be our first one, really excited!!! We are camping on Site #75...
clovercampers

Postby campmaster » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 am

Good Morning,

On last count we're up to 14 people coming. I guessing a few more with guest.

I plan on being be at the shelter about 9 to set up and do a quick breakfast, then dive right in cooking. I think we should eat the main meal about 3 or 4, that would give us some time to hang out before cleaning to go home. It will be similar to last time, we'll just wing it, that seems to be more fun.

I've been scanning cookbooks and old recipes looking for that special recipe, so I can WOW everyone. We are 3 weeks out and I'm ready.

Don't forget about the community fire for those wanting to use real coals or in case its chilly out.

See ya'll soon,
Dan
campmaster

Postby nonniemonroe1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 pm

hello dan, i was just visiting the king mt site and they will not allow us to bring in wood...some kind of bug thing...maybe we ought to bring along a couple of thoses logs you buy at the grocery store, wancha think??? oh yeah, our friends are coming for the day , william and johnnie, they had the ''hash brown casserole'' and green beans...and just maybe a couple more will join in....
see you soon
diane and jimmy
nonniemonroe1

Next

Return to Dutch Oven Gatherings and Events