Southeast Camper Dutch Oven Group

This is the place to post messages from members to all users. SouthEast Camper will also post notices here that we deem important to the group.

Southeast Camper Dutch Oven Group

Postby campmaster » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am

We are pround to announce that Southeast Camper is now an IDOS, International Dutch Oven Society Chapter. We've been looking forward to this for a while.

Our chapter is called the Southeast Camper Dutch Oven Group. We are located just outside Charlotte, NC. We established our chapter area to be a 100 mile radius of Charlotte. We chose this area because we have friends and fellow Dutch oven enthusiast in this part of North and South Carolina.
Most of our Dutch Oven Gatherings have been at Kings Mountain State Park in South Carloina and Cane Creek near Waxhaw, North Carolina. It basically puts our members an easy drive in any direction to a Dutch Oven Gathering.

As our membership grows we will move our gatherings around to accommodate everyone as best we can. We hope to join other IDOS chapters nearby to support each other.

We will use SoutheastCamper.com and the camp forum as our central point of reference for chapter news.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Dan
campmaster

Re: Southeast Camper Dutch Oven Group

Postby frankie Jay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Hey, Dano

That's great news. I remember you talking about. I had just about given up.
I'm glad to see new life breathing back in the group. I will see you over the summer.

FJ
frankie Jay

Postby NissanTech » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Great news!!!!!! We are also a chapter of IDOS, Middle Tennessee dutch oven society formally TNdutchoven.We cater to the west of the eastern time zone of Tennessee.Are you going to use Mile High as one of your formal DOG's this year? Hope to see ya there!!!!!

Gus
NissanTech

Postby campmaster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 am

Hi, Gus

Yes, We will be at the Mile High Dutch Oven Gathering. We made our reservations last year. Site #13, Lucky 13.

We ran Katherine ragged last year, but she's up to it again.

Looking forward to see you and the gang.

Dan
campmaster

Postby nonniemonroe1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:46 am

this is great news, congratulations to you dan and katherine for pursuing this ... we will see in mile high..
diane and jimmy ,monroe nc
nonniemonroe1

Return to Messages and Notices