Howdy from the Triangle

New Members to start here, Please read the forum rules. Thank You. Seasoned Members, Lets Welcome Everyone.

Howdy from the Triangle

Postby DudleyDORight » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi, all. I found Southeast Camper while looking for DO events on the IDOS website. I've been camping for 50 years, cooking with a DO for 15. I'm interested in DOGs, cookoffs and just plain lazing about the campsite and cooking within a day's drive of Durham, North Carolina. Most of my DO cooking has been for cub/boy scout groups. The promise of a meal of baked Cornish game hens, sauteed spinach, fresh peas, garlic surprise rolls and cherry cobbler is a good motivator for new scout parents to come along on campouts and help!
Keith Morgan
DudleyDORight

Re: Howdy from the Triangle

Postby Camp_Master » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 pm

Glad you could join us and Welcome.

I'm ready to get out and do some cooking. Winter is not here and I'm getting cabin fever. I've got my chores done and it time to get back out.

We need to plan something for the New Year, I'm not sure how most would like cooking in the cold weather, but I'm game.

Stay in touch, Its going to be a Great Year.

Dan
Dan "Camp Master"
Southeast Camper - Dutch Oven and Outdoor Cooking
The Camping Directory - Add Your Website Today.
Camp_Master
Site Admin

Postby DudleyDORight » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm

CampMaster,
Count me in for a cooking/camper in the next couple months. I have 5 days of "Use it or lose it" vacation before the end of March & prefer camping after the first hard frost kills off the bugs and runs off the crowds. Freezing weather is just a good excuse for another shake or three of The Red.

My son and I did some DO experiments today. We tried a new chili recipe, which turned out yummy and "Armadillo Eggs", which needs some tweaking before it's ready for prime time.

Cheers,
Keith Morgan
DudleyDORight

Postby frankie Jay » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:02 am

Hi Dudley

Welcome to the group. I've never been cooking with these folks yet, but I'm counting my days to when I'll have time.

See you around the forum. Thanks for the recipes too.

FJ
frankie Jay

Return to Introductions and Greetings, Say "Howdy"