Hello to All

New Members to start here, Please read the forum rules. Thank You. Seasoned Members, Lets Welcome Everyone.

Hello to All

Postby CastIronCub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:53 am

My name is Mark and I wanted to hello to everyone and hope to meet you all and share tips and recipes someday soon. I reside in Greensboro, NC and I tent camp several times per year with a group of friends. I only discovered cast iron cooking and dutch ovens last summer, but I am an addict now. I presently have 3 camp DOs, 2 other DOs, several fry pans (I just adopted 3 from my mother) and a chicken roaster. My camping buddies have designated me as camp cook now, but I still have a LOT to learn and am always looking for new recipes. I tend to cook with charcoal but would like to learn the art of cooking with a wood fire. I am also curious about cooking with stacked pots.

Re: Hello to All

Postby Oysterpot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 am

Hi Mark.
Well you have a good start. Either your good, or your buddies are lousy cooks, or they found a "Volunteer".
You can learn CI cookin from 3 sources. Here, or I strongly suggest you attend some of the DOG's scheduled and talk iron with the cooks. the 3rd is trial and error. Welcome aboard hope to see alot of you here.

Postby CastIronCub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:57 pm

I think it is "sucker", not volunteer..LOL..It is probably because my food is edible and they are all lazy but I enjoy it. It has been a lot of trial and error but will nice to be able to talk about it first hand with others who may have more experience and passion for it.

Postby chili1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site Mark , sounds like you have a nice collection of iron .

Postby Camp_Master » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:53 am

Hi Mark

I remember my first Dutch Oven Gathering, It was a Big one, I felt a little out of place, but everyone was there to help. I still stop and laugh about it. IT WAS GREAT!

I hope to have these event fairly often, depending on how big our group gets. Then we can spread then around so everyone has a chance to go their area.

Looking forward to see you. :)

Dan "Camp Master"
Southeast Camper - Dutch Oven and Outdoor Cooking
The Camping Directory - Add Your Website Today.
Site Admin

Postby frankie Jay » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Mark

This Dutch Oven Cooking is fun, you'll enjoy yourself at the DOG.

frankie Jay

Postby KeithHansen » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:43 am

Greetings, Mark! I lived in Greensboro from '93-'96 (loved it there!) but have been in Spartanburg, SC ever since. Are you planning to come to the DOG at Kings Mountain on Saturday? We could probably do some 'stacks' - it isn't difficult, just takes a little planning.

Hope to see you -

Keith Hansen

Return to Introductions and Greetings, Say "Howdy"