Kings Mountain Dutch Oven Gathering

This is the place to post information about upcoming Dutch Oven Gatherings and special events in your area.

Re: Kings Mountain Dutch Oven Gathering

Postby Camp_Master » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:37 am

Hi, Everyone

I would like to thank everyone for the great food and the new friendships that were made at the Dutch Oven Gathering. We had 4 cooks and 6 guest, along with many park visitors coming by to learn about Dutch Oven Cooking.

The weather was Great. The scenery was Great. Could not ask for much more. :D

The pavilion was tucked back in the woods, so here's a BIG SHOUT OUT to Randy for bringing the hand trucks. They were very handy.

I had a real good time and hope to see ya'll soon.

Dan
Dan "Camp Master"
Southeast Camper - Dutch Oven and Outdoor Cooking
The Camping Directory - Add Your Website Today.
Camp_Master
Site Admin

Postby striper1 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:27 pm

Just to say thanks to all the new friends me and my wife met at the D.O.G. it was our first time and i sure learned alot when it comes to being prepared,i appericiate all of you who let me use things that i failed to bring when you seen me struggling, you made me feel like you knew me forever and you dont find that alot this day and time and thats what makes a D.O.G. so great,you dont meet a stranger. it was overwhelming for sure planned on doing alot but barely got to do half of what i wanted,it wasnt as easy as i thought but cant wait to do it again and this time be a little more prepared.again it was nice to meet all of you and thank you for making me and my wife feel so welcomed.....God Bless,Mike & Penny Goddard
striper1

Postby Camp_Master » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Hey Gang!

I posted a review and pictures about our Dutch Oven Gathering on the blog. If I forgot anything let me know. If anyone has more or better pictures to add, Please send them to me.

Kings Mtn Dutch Oven Gathering 10/09/10 Part Two

I can't say this enough, I HAD A BLAST! :D And look forward to doing it soon.

Thx,
Dan
Dan "Camp Master"
Southeast Camper - Dutch Oven and Outdoor Cooking
The Camping Directory - Add Your Website Today.
Camp_Master
Site Admin

Postby CastIronCub » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 pm

So sorry I missed the DOG, I was really looking forward to it. I was promoted to a new management position at work that very week and ended up working that Saturday. I suppose I will have to have some friends over and treat them to the apple-cranberry roast pork loin with wild rice that I was planning to make at the DOG. Oh, and lets not forget the pumpkin pound cake. LOL. I am glad that everyone had a great time and I will do my best to make it to the next one!! I wish I could see the pictures but the links are broken on my end here.
Mark
CastIronCub

Postby frankie Jay » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:28 am

Hello Folks,

I see from the pictures everyone ate pretty good. I'm sorry I could not be there. Keep the pictures coming.

One of these days I'll get over your way and cook out with ya.

FJ
frankie Jay

Previous

Return to Dutch Oven Gatherings and Events