Hello Everyone

New Members to start here, Please read the forum rules. Thank You. Seasoned Members, Lets Welcome Everyone.

Hello Everyone

Postby RANBOW » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am

Hello,

My name is Randy. I appears I am the new guy. I found the fortune of learning about your group just recently and wanted to say hello and maybe hang out a bit.

I am involved in Scouting and travel quite a bit with my work so, I do not have the most liberal schedule but, I enjoy the outdoors and a good campfire meal.

I am a fair cook but, have not been "over using" the dutch oven too much as of late. I would like to get back into this more. I hope I can get to know a few of you and maybe swap some recipe's, a tale or two and enjoy some quality outdoor time too.

I am considering and would like to attend your Feb. 9th gathering. This is the plan anyway. Could someone please give me a run down on how these events play through? In my mind, from what I have read, most folks would show up sometime Fri. night or Sat. morning. Check in with the group and/or park and socialize while fending for ones self for the most part and sharing in a Sat. evening dutch oven pot luck as it were prior to returning home Sat. evening or Sun. Morning.

Looking forward to some good cooking and some camping.
See you on the trail, Randy
RANBOW

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby DudleyDORight » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi, Randy
Welcome to the forum. I'll have to leave it to someone else to describe how the DOGs play out, I haven't managed to make it to one yet - Like you I'm pretty booked up, involved in scouting, church, masonic lodge, work, etc. so it's a minor miracle when a DOG happens on a weekend that isn't already booked. I'm going to try to make the one at Falls Lake in March, though. What part of scouting are you involved in? I've been in scouting for about 15 years, currently most active with our Cub Scout pack. I'm having fun introducing the new Cub parents to outdoor cooking, especially Dutch ovens. Several of the pack parents have DOs of their own now and we have some pretty amazing meals at pack campouts.
Cheers,
Keith
DudleyDORight

Postby campmaster » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am

Hi Randy

Welcome to Southeast Camper.

The dutch oven gathering for Feb 9th is not etched in stone, but I'm ready to get out of the house for the day. We could meet at Kings Mountain State Park, as of today shelter #1 is available.

We are a laid back group, we meet about 9 or so and do our cast iron buffet at 4 pm. That gives us time to make some snacks and socialize.

See ya soon,
Dan
campmaster

Postby RANBOW » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks dan,
I will keep an eye out to see if this date comes to fruition and plan to attend if at all possible. I may even drag along with me a Venture Crew leader from the forest city area who I discussed some D.O. cooking with the other day.

Dudley,
I serve as a Unit Commissioner in one district of Piedmont council and I also seem to have latched on to a troop in another district that I spend most my time with. The cubbies are a blast. served on staff at a couple cub camps. Worth every moment.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Don't let your coal get damp.

Randy
RANBOW

Postby chili1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Welcome to the forum , hope to see you in February ! We have a good time . I learned dutch ovens in the Scouts years ago .
chili1

Postby Outlaw » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Welcome, see you in Feb.

Michael
Outlaw

Return to Introductions and Greetings, Say "Howdy"